Vincent Payment Cards - Frequently Asked Questions
The University of Pittsburgh and UPMC have transitioned to the Vincent payment system as of December 2018. Any WePay cards may still be used up until their expiration date, but future study payments will be paid using a new Vincent card.
- The Vincent payment cards can be used in many of the same ways as the old WePay cards; see below for details.
- If you have an old WePay card and would like to know what to do with it, see the WePay FAQ for instructions on how to check card balance and use any remaining funds.
How can I use my Vincent payment card?
- You can take your card to any ATM that displays the MasterCard® acceptance mark and withdraw cash. Simply swipe the card and enter your PIN number.
- IMPORTANT! These ATMs offer one free withdrawal per card load: Citizens Bank, Huntington Bank, and certain PNC ATMs.
- After the first withdrawal, a fee will be charged for any additional withdrawals. We recommend withdrawing your payment in full to avoid any fees!
- If you prefer, you can also use this card anywhere that MasterCard® debit cards are accepted (for example, a grocery store, restaurant, etc.). Simply provide the card upon checkout.
- If you are making a purchase for more than the amount on your card, let the clerk know your card balance; otherwise, your purchase may be declined.
- You can receive cash back at a store that offers this feature on card-based purchases. Simply tell the store associate how much cash back you want beyond the purchase price and up to the balance on the card. This feature will require the use of your PIN.
What else should I know about using my card?
- You must register your card with www.paynuver.com to dispute charges or make internet transactions.
- You can get cash inside some bank branch offices, up to the amount left on the card.
- When using your Vincent card at an ATM, you may only withdraw up to $500 per day.
How do I know how much money is on my card?
- For card balance inquiries, visit www.paynuver.com or call 1-888-743-8863. For your convenience, this number and website are printed on the back of your card.
- Card balance inquiries at an ATM will result in a fee per the ATM's policy; use the website or phone number above to check card balance for free.
Can I throw away my card once it is empty?
- Please keep this card, even when your card balance is $0. This card is reloadable. You can bring it back to us over and over again, and we can load additional funds onto it.
- UPMC and the University of Pittsburgh are the only organizations that can load funds onto this card.
What should I do if I forget my PIN?
- Call the research study staff that issued you the card to remind you of your PIN.
- After 3 incorrect PIN attempts, you will be automatically locked out of your account until it can be reset. Call 1-888-743-8863 or contact your study coordinator if this happens.
Who may I contact with questions about my payment card?